In line with the recent Government and LTA announcements Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible – meaning that up to six people from different households can now play doubles and more players can play together if club organised and the latest COVID guidelines are met including track and trace requirements
Please find above a guide to play which we would ask you to read and conform to when coming down to the club to play.
In brief we would like to stress the following changes to previous guidance are in red:
Who can play?
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible and there are not more than six people who play together. larger groups are permitted under controlled club conditions only.
- There is social play, but only club arranged group sessions with floodlights or access to the clubhouse or hall.
- Individually arranged coaching sessions are allowed but are limited to 6 players – the coaches will follow the LTA guidelines regards what is currently considered safe conduct. Larger group sessions are allowed under LTA session guidelines.
- Tarmac court 6 is a designated coaching court unless no coaching is taking place in which case it is free to use. The coaches may use other courts if they are free/available.
- Please ensure that when accessing the courts you do not come closer than the recommended 2m when passing through the gates or down the sides of courts to access other courts. The normal etiquette of waiting for players to finish a serving game before entering or passing by should be maintained and this will help everyone be aware of each other and maintaining the social distancing requirement.
- Anyone waiting or watching play should do so from outside the courts and also maintain social distancing.
How to play
Please read and follow the attached guideline. If you have juniors who are coming down and are not playing with adults, please ensure they have read and understood the guidelines
- Please bring your own sanitiser to use, there will be some available for emergency on court, but we need your help in keeping use of this to a minimum where possible to avoid cross contamination and as a simple cost issue that we cannot sustain.
- If you are on court and all the courts are in use and someone is waiting to play, please be aware of who was the earliest pair to arrive and respect everyone’s desire to play by not playing for more than 1hr and allowing everyone to have a turn.
We do not have staff or a full time steward so this means we all need to join together to make sure we can play safely at Weoley Hill.
We believe because of our court configuration and the generous spacing we can safely have all six courts open if everyone works together to ensure social distancing and follows the guidelines. However we will monitor the situation and if it becomes necessary, may have to close one court in every set or even simply shut down totally if it is recognised that we cannot operate safely because members are not following the guidance, so it is important that we all work together to keep our club open.
Pre-attendance symptom check
- Anyone attending a venue (including players, coaches, staff and any other visitors), should undergo a pre-attendance self-assessment for any COVID- 19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website before leaving home.
- No-one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19, currently recognised as any of the following:
- – A high temperature
- – A new, continuous cough
- – A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolationNHS Test and Trace
- If someone who has played at your venue develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should be directed to follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website
We welcome anyone’s feedback or concerns as they play.
New membership is now available -see the membership section for information
Hope you are all well. The good news is we will soon be opening the tennis club. Regarding coaching we are unable to offer the regular group coaching at the moment. However following the LTA guidelines we can offer individual lessons. These can be booked directly with the coach at a convenient time for both yourself and the coach. These can be booked at half or 1 hour sessions. I have attached below contact number and cost so please do not hesitate to get in touch
|NAME||PHONE NUMBER||COST FOR ½ HOUR||COST FOR 1 HOUR|
Chris Stacy Chris H Alex